Terrible Labs is excited to announce that we are growing our design team and looking to hire! If you’re a UX/UI designer with experience in all stages of the user-centered design process, we’d love to talk to you.
We’re looking for someone who has experience hosting stakeholder and end-user interviews, moderating requirements workshops, developing user personas, and creating flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity, production-ready deliverables.
For all of you who care about design, have a proven track record of turning ideas into products that ship, and want to help shape the future of design at Terrible Labs, shoot us a note to: email@example.com.
We are not interested in engaging with a recruiter, so don’t waste your time or ours!
What you’ll do:
- Lead and manage projects through all stages of design.
- Plan and conduct requirements gathering and analysis, competitive research, conceptual modeling and usability testing.
- Run focused, collaborative design sprints with cross-functional teams to help explore, select, and deliver best solutions.
- Produce requirements specifications, personas, user flow diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity, production-ready mockups and design specifications.
- Articulate research findings, conceptual ideas, and detailed design rationale to clients and internal team members.
- Estimate project timelines and help define scope and product roadmaps.
- Pitch project proposals to potential clients.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team of talented developers and designers.
- Influence and help shape the future of design at Terrible Labs.
- Meet lots of interesting people and learn about many different problem domains!
What you’ll need:
- A portfolio of representative work in user experience, interaction, and visual design.
- At least 5 years of experience designing user interfaces.
- At least 1 year of experience in client services.
- Experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Solid understanding of responsive design principles.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them to actionable deliverables.
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- A passion for creating a great user experience with pixel-perfect attention to detail.
- Mastery of a wide range of design tools (Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, etc.).
- Strong understanding of the best-practices and constraints of designing for different platforms.
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and client-side scripting a plus.
- If in addition to the above, you have experience in branding and identity, consider yourself an illustrator or have experience with animation, that’d be terribly awesome.
Terrible Labs is a small team of senior level developers and designers who are passionate about creating great products. We’ve been working with established companies and startups over the past few years to help them design and build applications that solve problems.
You must have a strong appreciation of design thinking, and understand how it integrates into the process of creating digital products.
This is a position for an experienced designer, who is comfortable working independently, and has a strong sense of ownership of his or her work, but values a collaborative environment.
We look forward to hearing from you!